All foreign nationals entering Brunei Darussalam must have visas obtainable from any US VISA FOR BRUNEI CITIZENS diplomatic missions abroad except the following countries with whom Brunei Darussalam has
Countries which have Visa arrangements with Brunei Darussalam:-
|Country||Foreign Nationals entering Brunei Darussalam|
|Australia||30 Days (Visa on Arrival)|
|Bahrain||30 Days (Visa on Arrival)|
|China||14 Days (For Diplomatic and Service Passports only)|
14 Days (Visa on Arrival for tourists)
|Czech Republic||90 Days|
|Hong Kong||14 Days|
|India||14 days (For Diplomatic and Official Passports only)|
|Iran||30 Days (For Diplomatic and Official Passports only)|
|Kuwait||30 Days (Visa on Arrival)|
|Mongolia||14 Days (For Diplomatic and Official Passports only)|
|New Zealand||30 Days|
|Pakistan||14 Days (For Diplomatic and Official Passports only)|
|Qatar||14 Days (Visa on Arrival)|
|Republic of Korea||30 Days|
|Russia||14 Days (For Brunei National: Diplomatic and Official Passports only)14 Days (For Russia National: Diplomatic and Service Passports only)|
|Saudi Arabia||30 Days (Visa on Arrival)|
|Taiwan||14 Days (Visa on Arrival)|
|Tajikistan||14 Days (For Diplomatic, Official and Service Passports only)|
|Thailand||30 Days (For Diplomatic and Official Passports only)14 Days (For Ordinary Passports)|
|United Kingdom||90 Days|
|United States of America||90 Days|
|United Arab Emirates||30 Days|
|Viet Nam||14 Days|
Visa issuance for passport holders from PAKISTAN, AFGHANISTAN, NIGERIA, ALGERIA, CUBA, EGYPT, IRAN, IRAQ, ISRAEL, JORDAN, LIBYA, LEBANON, MEXICO, US VISA FOR BELGIAN CITIZENS, RUSSIA, SUDAN, SYRIA and VATICAN CITY may take more than 3 weeks.
More details for Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers, issued by US Customs and Border Protection, please click www.cbp.gov/esta
Foreign nationals entering Brunei Darussalam for employment purposes must have the appropriate visa and employment pass prior to their arrival. Their spouses and children under 18 years of age of pass holders are required to obtain dependents’ passes.
Holders of U.S. Diplomatic,Official and Regular passports do not require a visa to enter Brunei Darussalam for a stay of up to 90 days.
Requirements for Obtaining Visa
- One completed original visa application form per applicant.
- Applicant’s passport:
Passport must be valid for at least six months past intended date of entry. There should be at least six unmarked pages remaining.
- U.S. Permanent residents need to send a photocopy of the front and back of their green card.
- One recent passport-size photograph.
- A letter stating the reason for the visit (business travelers also need a letter of invitation from the company in Brunei).
- A copy of the itinerary and flight schedule.
- Visa fee US$20.00 for single entry visa ($30.00 for multiple entry visa) (Payment in cash, money order or company check. Visa fee is non-refundable.)
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate is required for visitors over one year of age coming from infected areas.
- Visa issued is valid for up to three months only.
- The application process will normally take SEVEN working days. Applications that may need to be forwarded to Brunei can take at least one month to process.
- Applications can either be presented to the Embassy in person or by a representative, or sent by mail. Applications by mail must be sent in certified or overnight self-addressed prepaid return envelope. Applicants are solely responsible for the safety of their passports that are sent by mail.
- For those visiting Brunei Darussalam for employment purposes, a visa will not be granted without a valid work permit issued by the Labor Department in Brunei Darussalam. Visitors are not allowed to engage in full/part-time work without permission from the Director of Immigration.
Note: The above regulations may be subject to change without prior notice.
Cruise Ship Passenger Visa Applications
For all cruise ship passengers that require a visa to enter Brunei, a visa on arrival letter can be obtained in advance from Jasra Harrisons Shipping & Agency Services Sdn. Bhd. before the vessel arrives at Muara Port, Brunei Darussalam.
Approval of applications for a visa on arrival to enter Brunei will take between 12 – 14 working days.
However, it should be noted passengers that an APPLICATION FOR VISA DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPROVED.
To process your visa application, all persons entering Brunei Darussalam must possess valid passports or travel documents recognized by the Government of Brunei Darussalam. The passport must have a validity of six months before expiry when entering the country.
A granted Visa on Arrival letter will be valid for 90 days.
Visa fee per passport is BND20.00 (USD18.00). Payment will be directly billed to the passenger through the cruise company.