Do you want to do Netgear extender setup via mywifiext.net but are not able to because of the mywifiext.net not working issue? Well, this issue has been experienced by a number of users. You are not alone in this. Walk through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post and learn how you can troubleshoot the mywifiext.net not working issue and then perform the new extender setup process with ease.
[Resolved] Mywifiext.net Not Working Issue
- Use the Correct Web Address
The biggest reason why you are unable to perform Netgear extender setup using the default web address is because you have entered the wrong web address. Either of the following situations could be true in your case:
- You have typed the web address in the search bar of the internet browser.
- The entered web address has typing errors.
To troubleshoot the mywifiext.net not working issue, it is recommended that you keep these points in mind the next time you try to access the default web address:
- Type the web address in the address bar or the URL field of the browser.
- Make sure that the entrée does not contain any typos.
Once you are done following this hack, try to access the Netgear Genie login page and see if the mywifiext.net not working issue has climbed off of your back. If it has, well and well. In case, it has not, then you ought to go through the following hack.
- Update the Internet Browser
Do you remember the last time when you updated your internet browser to its latest version? No? Well, it looks like you have come across another reason behind the mywifiext.net not working issue.
To troubleshoot it, it is recommended that you update your internet browser to its most recent version. You can refer to the following instructions to update your browser:
- Open your existing web browser.
- On the right-hand side, locate the hamburger option.
- Click on it and go to the Settings menu.
- Select the Update Browser button.
In some time, you will be able to update the internet browser to its most recent version. After this, clear up the cache, cookies, and browsing history of your existing browser. This will ensure that you do not become a victim of other technical issues in the future.
- Restart the Netgear Extender
In case none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks have helped you out, then waste no more rebooting or restarting your Netgear wireless range extender.
The following instructions will guide you through the process:
- Press the power button on the extender to turn it off.
- Then, unplug the extender from its electrical outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug the extender back into its allotted socket.
- Press the power button, this time to turn on your device.
After you have rebooted your device, check again if the mywifiext.net not working issue has left you for good. If it still has not, then you need to try the ultimate hack, i.e. performing factory default reset.
- Reset the Netgear Extender
Before you proceed with the process, we would like to inform you that there is one downfall of resetting your Netgear wireless range extender. Every single change that you made to your device till date will go poof in the air.
If you are ready to take this risk, only then reset your networking device by walking through the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this post:
- Locate the Reset button on your Netgear extender.
- Whenever you find it, press it.
- Hold on for a couple of seconds.
This will complete the Netgear extender default factory reset process for you. Now, you need to access the Netgear_ext and set up your wireless range extender from scratch.
In order to learn how to configure your wireless extender, it is recommended that you refer to the steps mentioned in this user manual.
With the last hack, you will find us wrapping up this guide written on how to troubleshoot the mywifiext.net not working issue. In case you were able to resolve this issue with ease, do share it with your fellow readers. You can get in touch with your fellow readers by making use of the comment section below. They will be glad to read that someone facing a similar issue as them is now a free bird.