Acquiring an India visa for Swiss nationals is easier than ever. If previously, you needed to take a trip to the Indian embassy, it can now be accomplished at home. All you need is a computer or smartphone with an internet connection. iVisa is a trustworthy company that will help you apply to the INDIAN VISA FOR SWISS CITIZENS and with this process. In this article we will answer some of your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is an Indian eVisa?
It’s an official document that allows you to travel to and within India. This eVisa is electronically linked to your passport.
What are the types of eVisa there are for Swiss nationals?
There are three types of eVisas:
- Tourist eVisa
- Business eVisa
- Medical eVisa
In this article we will be talking more about the Tourist eVisa. For any questions about the other two eVisa, you can go here for more information.
What do you need to provide?
There are just few things that Swiss nationals need to provide. iVisa will do most of the work, but you still need to help them get started. Here is what you need:
- Passport – there are no difficulties in obtaining a passport, and if you already have one, make sure that it is still valid. Just look at the expiry date.
- Digital photo of yourself – it is recommended that the photo is recently taken. You should not make face gestures in it, and the background should be white.
- A scanned passport with its information page
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, and since Paypal has become quite popular, you can use that as well.
- Business card copy and invitation letter – this requirement applies to people who want to go to India on business and apply for an India business evisa.
- Letter from the hospital in India – this is valid for people who apply for a medical visa.
What about the cost?
Most Swiss nationals might be concerned about the of such service. In the contrary, iVisa provides an amazing service at competitive prices. The amount of your INDIAN VISA FOR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS depends on two factors: processing time and visa cost. As for the former, you can choose one of the three available options:
- Standard processing – 5 days. Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. It only costs USD $91.99.
- Rush processing – 3 days. The cost goes a bit higher than with the previous option. You will be charged USD $151.99.
- Super Rush processing – 36 hours. As you can expect, the price goes even higher. This option will cost you USD $175.99.
As for the visa type, Swiss nationals can travel to India on an eVisa for tourism, business, and medical purposes. Depending on which one you choose, you will pay a particular price. The fees for the tourist eVisa are listed above. The business and medical visas can cost more. Click here to find out more!
How’s the application form?
While many may have a negative opinion about forms, you can put your mind at ease. iVisa provides the easiest forms. So easy that Swiss national only needs to complete three stages, and it should take only 20 minutes. However unlikely it may be, in case you need any help, there is a support service that is at your disposal 24/7.
- The first step is to fill in your general information and choose both the processing time and visa type. It will only take about 5 minutes for all that.
- The second step consists of revision and payment. Make sure that all the information you provide is 100% accurate. Check the spelling carefully.
- The third step will ask you to answer a few personal questions and upload any additional documents you are required.
After you are done with all that, you can click the submit button and wait. That is about it!
How long is this eVisa valid for? How many entries am I allowed?
This also depends on the type of eVisa you choose:
- Tourist eVisa 30 days: it is are valid for 30 days after arrival and is a Double Entry. You can stay a maximum of 90 days Per Entry.
- Tourist eVisa 1 year: it is valid for 1 year after issued and it’s a Multiple Entry. But not exceeding per stay 90 days Per Entry.
- Tourist eVisa 5 years: it is valid for 5 years after issued. It’s a Multiple Entry not exceeding per stay 90 days Per Entry.
What happens if enter I India by cruise?
This eVisa is still accepted if you’re enter the India by sea. Notice that these are the only seaports that will accept the eVisa: Cochin, Goa, New Mangalore, Mumbai and Chennai.
Can I enter through any airport in India with this eVisa?
No. These are the only airports that will accept the eVisa:
- Port Blair
If you select another point of entry during your trip, you will have to go to the embassy after all.
Do I need this eVisa if I’m just transiting through India?
No. You do not need this eVisa if you don’t intend to go through customs or leave the transit area, or you just have a layover.
I have more questions, where can I find out more?
For more answered questions you can click here. You can also contact us 24/7!
As you may have noticed, getting an India eVisa fro Swiss nationals is really easy and simple. And using the services of iVisa makes the process a lot better! We’ll do the heavy lifting and let you plan your adventure!