Though you can leave India by 4 different modes of travel viz. by air, by cruiseship, by train or by bus, only 2 modes of entry are valid when you enter the country on India e-Visa (INDIAN VISA AIRPORTS FOR ENTRY ) by air and by cruise ship.
As per rules of Indian Immigration for India e-Visa or Electronic India Visa, you must enter India either by air or a cruise ship at designated aiports and seaports if you are applying for Tourist e-Visa for India or Business e-Visa for India or Medical e-Visa for India.
If you have a multiple entry e-Visa then you are allowed to come through different airports or seaports on subsequent visits.
The list of authorised airports and seaports will be revised every few months, so keep checking this list on this website and bookmark it. As per decision of India Immigration Authority, this list will be revised and more airports and seaports will be added in the upcoming months .
Electronic visa holders arriving to India are required to enter the country through the designated 28 international airports. You may however exit from any of the authorised Immigration Check Posts (ICPs ) in India, which could be by air, sea, rail or road.
Below are the designated 29 Airports and 5 seaports for Indian e-Visa
- Port Blair
Or these designated seaports:
If you are an e-Visa holder you must enter via 1 of the above listed international aiports or sea ports. If you are planning to come by any other port of entry, you will be required to apply for a regular Visa at the closest Indian Embassy or Indian High Commission.
Click here to see here complete list of authorised exit Airport, Seaport and Immigration check points that are allowed for INDIAN VISA FOR CANADIAN CITIZENS (India Visa Online).
Click here to learn about Indian e-Visa Documents Requirements.
- Visa-on-Arrival facility is available to the citizens of Japan, South Korea & UAE(only for such UAE nationals who had earlier obtained e-Visa or regular/paper visa for India). This facility is not available to any person if he/she or either of his/her parents or grandparents (paternal or maternal) was born in or permanent resident of Pakistan. Such persons can visit India only on appropriate visa obtaining from concerned Indian Mission/Post.
- The Visa-on-Arrival facility is not available to holders of Diplomatic/Official passports.
- Visa-on-Arrival shall be non-extendable and non-convertible.
- Japanese, South Korean and UAE nationals would be required to fill an application form (Annexure I). It is advisable to download it, print it, fill it and present the same to the ‘Visa Officer’ at visa counter on arrival. You have also the option to fill the form on arrival. The format of physical form will also be available from the airlines on board the flight.The Japanese, South Korean and UAE nationals would be required to carry duly filled ‘VoA Application Form’ along with duly filled disembarkation card.
For UAE Nationals:-
- Visa-on-Arrival Scheme is applicable for such UAE nationals who had earlier obtained e-Visa or regular/paper visa for India.
- UAE nationals who are coming to India for the first time are advised to apply for e-Visa or regular/paper visa.
- Pakistan Origin UAE nationals will not be eligible for Visa-on-Arrival Scheme.
- All other terms & conditions applicable for grant of Visa-on-Arrival to Japanese and South Korean nationals will be applicable to UAE national also.
Please apply for a India Visa 4-7 days in advance of your flight.