If you are pondering how to connect two pairs of AirPods to one phone or connect another pair of AirPods to share the same audio, you have come to the right place because here, you will learn how to do that.
When you are two persons and are watching your favorite TV show or playing a video game with your IPhone or IPad, you would probably want to share the audio using two different AirPods. You may also want to share the audio of your favorite music with someone else using two different AirPods, so to make it possible, read further, and you will learn the whole process of how to connect two AirPods to one phone.
MUST-HAVE ESSENTIALS FOR HOW TO CONNECT TWO AIRPODS TO ONE PHONE
To make sure you can connect two AirPods to one iPhone or iPad, ensure you have a pair of compatible air pods and a compatible iPad or iPhone. Now you may think about what is meant by a compatible iPhone.
Well, compatible phones, in this case, include models that are listed below.
- iPhone 8 and above (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch and above
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation) and above
- iPod touch (7th generation).
If you have either of the devices mentioned above, you should see if the AirPods you have are also compatible. If not, you need to make sure you buy either of the below AirPods.
- AirPods Max
- AirPods Pro
- AirPods (1st generation) or above
- Powerbeats Pro
- Solo Pro
- Powerbeats3 Wireless
- Beats Solo3 Wireless
- Beats Studio3 Wireless
- Beats Flex
Now that you have gone through both lists and ensured that you have a compatible pair of AirPods and a compatible iPhone or iPad, you can proceed further to learn how to connect two AirPods to one phone.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO CONNECT TWO AIRPODS WITH A PHONE
Interestingly the method of connecting second AirPods with an iPhone or an IPad is the same as the one you followed for the first one. Below mentioned steps will show you the process.
- Open the home screen on your iPhone or iPad.
- Bring AirPods out from the smart case and place them near your iPhone or iPad for 60 seconds (make sure those AirPods are compatible)
- You will see a setup animation and then tap “connect.”
- In this step, you will see instructions on your device, so follow these instructions and tao “Done” at the end.
- Whichever device is signed in with that iCloud account should be able to see setup automatically for those AirPods
- When should you be able to see both AirPods on this list when you open Bluetooth?
LEARN STEPS FOR SHARING AUDIO USING iPhone OR IPAD WITH AIRPODS AND BEAT HEADPHONES
The steps mentioned below show the process of connecting AirPods and beat headphones with an iPhone or iPad.
- First, make sure that the headphones you are going to connect with the device are either compatible or not, as mentioned earlier, then connect them with your iOS or iPadOS.
- Here you need to tap the “airplay icon.” There are two ways to do that. First, you can find it within the app; otherwise, you can also go to the control center on your device, i.e., Lock Screen.
- Select “Share Audio.”
- In case you want to share audio with either AirPods pro or AirPods, bring them closer to your device while opening the lid. Sometimes you need to press and hold a button located on the back of the case.
- If your headphones are AirPods Mac, you only need to hold them near your iPhone or iPad, and they will connect.
- If you want to connect beat headphones for sharing the audio, just put them on pairing mode and bring them closer to your iPhone or IPad.
- You will see the headphones icon in the animated box on your screen. Tap “Share Audio.” In some cases, you might see “connect to iPhones” or “Temporary share audio.”
CONTROLLING VOLUME WHILE SHARING AUDIO
So how to connect two AirPods to one phone and then change each pair’s volume separately?
In case you are new to IOS, you might think that changing the volume or pausing the audio will make changes to both AirPods; however, that’s not the case. You can separately change and control each pair. So if you connect two pairs with the same device, you can change, play, pause or stop audio individually using the control center or lock screen controls.
The app in which you are listening to the music will give you access to the volume control setting by tapping the “AirPlay icon.” You can also see both pairs’ volume control on the screen with an icon of big vertical bars.
Now, if you want to control the volume of either headphone, drag the volume controller of that headphone or use that headphone themselves to change its volume. So using either of these methods, you would be able to change the volume of any of the two pairs you want.
STEPS TO LEARN STOPPING “AUDIO SHARE”
Hopefully, you have learned how to connect two AirPods to one phone and how to change the volume of each pair separately. Here, you will find out how to stop sharing the audio when two headphones are connected to your iPhone or iPad.
The whole process of disconnecting a headphone to stop sharing audio is straightforward, even when two pairs are connected with a single device. All you need is going to the control center on your device and tap “AirPlay.” You can also do this with the lock screen and on the app, you use for listening to the audio.
The next step is “unchecking” the pair of headphones you wish to disconnect and stop sharing audio with. In this way, you can easily manage to disconnect a pair of headphones connected to your device.