Pakistani Passport Holders
The High Commission of India follows a streamlined process while considering visa requests from Pakistani passport holders. In order to assist you to obtain your visa in a timely manner, please be advised that the following steps are taken before a INDIAN VISA PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS:
|Step 1:||Obtain the mandatory documents from India|
|Step 2:||Access Online Visa Application Form|
|Step 3:||Take two printouts of the online visa application form, SIGN the forms and affix photograph on each application|
|Step 4:||Submit the visa application forms along with the mandatory documents, passport andfee at the nearest TCS Visatronics / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box as per the list of available locations in Pakistan (namely, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Mirpur Khas, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, Sialkot and Sukkur)|
|Step 5:||Applications are scrutinized and sent for clearance to Foreigner Division, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, India|
|Step 6:||Once clearance is received, the visa is endorsed and passports are handed over toTCS Visatronics / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box|
|Step 7:||TCS Visatronics / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box will contact the visa applicant for delivery of passports.|
Please visit the relevant webpage before applying for a visa:
Important points to note for all Visa applicants
- All columns must be correctly and carefully filled in the Visa Application form. Incomplete forms/ Forms with incorrect details/ typos will be rejected summarily. After completing and submitting successfully the online visa application form, the printout of the form along with prescribed supporting documents and fees are to be submitted at any of the TCS URGENT EMERGENCY INDIAN VISA / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box.
- All necessary documents must be attached with the visa application. Original must be shown if called for an interview
- Acceptance of visa application does not necessarily mean grant of visa. The High Commission of India reserves the right to delay/refuse visa without assigning any reasons. Visas are issued subject to various checks and clearances. Visa fee once deposited will not be refunded.
- Suppression of facts or furnishing misleading/false information will result in denial of visa without assigning any reasons.
- Granting of visa does not confer the right of entry which is subject to the discretion of the Immigration Authorities.
- Canvassing for visa, suppression of material facts or submission of forged / false documents is a disqualification. Overstay of visa or violation of visa rules is a disqualification for grant of future visa.
Technical aspects for Visa processing
- When filing the Online Form, please ensure all details entered are accurate. The option to edit form is not available once the form has been saved. In such case, a new form needs to be filled with correct information.
- You can use either an Ink-Jet or Laser printer to print the completed Visa Application Form once you have submitted online.
- This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer (Windows) version 8.0 and above.
- You must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or a higher version installed on your computer in order to download and print the completed application form.
- Printout of the completed form, signed by applicant is to be submitted. Unsigned form will be summarily rejected.
- It is a mandatory requirement to ensure that your photo is 2 inch x 2 inch (51mm x 51mm) in size with white background and full frontal face (ear to ear to be visible). Photos which do not meet this specification will not be accepted. The applicants photograph should be most recent one. Detailed requirements regarding the photo can be found in the Indian Online VISA Site.
Ban on use of Thuraya/Irridium and Other Satellite Phones in India.
Satellite telephone services are not permitted in India and therefore handsets of Thuraya, Irridium and other such satellite operators are not allowed in India.In case those visiting India are found to be in possession of any of these sets, these would be seized and the holder could be prosecuted under Section 6 of Indian Wireless Act and Section 20 of Indian Telegraph Act.
Frequently Asked questions:
Can I submit my visa application at the High Commission directly?
This facility is open only for Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders whose Visa application is accompanied by a Note Verbale from the respective Mission/ Post.
ALL OTHER visa applicants are requested to approach the TCS Visatronics / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box available in the following cities in Pakistan: Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Mirpur Khas, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, Sialkot and Sukkur.
What governs the issuance of Indian visas to Pakistani nationals?
Visa services for Pakistani nationals are governed by the India-Pakistan Bilateral Visa Agreement, 2012, which came into effect on December 14, 2012.
What kind of visa should I apply for?
Please apply for a visa depending on your purpose of visit to India. Please be advised, a Tourist Visa is NOT issued to Pakistani passport holders. The different types of visas that you can apply for are:
ALL visa applicants are requested to approach the TCS Visatronics / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box available in the following cities in Pakistan: Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Mirpur Khas, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, Sialkot and Sukkur.
What is the visa fee?
Visa fee for Pakistani passport holders for all types of visas is PKR 100/-.
Can I submit hand filled visa application forms?
The High Commission does NOT accept hand filled visa application forms.
You have to fill the online visa application form and follow the steps mentioned above.
However, filling the online visa application form is only one of the steps in the visa application process.
Processing of the visa application will only commence when the High Commission receives the printed signed online application form along with your passport (or copy of the passport) and requisite documents.
Till when can I undertake the journey?
The visa is valid from the date of its issue and not from the date of entry into India. Also, you have to complete your journey, i.e., leave India before the date of validity of visa, as endorsed on it. Applicants may like to keep this in mind while filling the online visa application form. Please do not finalise your travel arrangements to India before obtaining the visa.
What is a group case? Is there a different process if I am applying in a group? How do we apply our cases in a group?
In case two or more of you intend to visit India together and would be traveling to all the destinations at the same time, then you can fill the online visa application form from the following weblink: Online Application Form for Group Case
This weblink has been made for your convenience as it will allow you to fill the online forms faster, as this link will allow entry of common details in India only once and not filled separately for all the applications individually.
This is useful if you are visiting India as a family, for purposes such as visit, pilgrimage, conference, medical or business exhibition.
I am having a problem filling the online visa application form. Whom should I contact?
For any assistance in filling the online visa application form, you can contact the respective Visa Drop Box centre. For any technical issues being faced while filling up the application, you may write to [email protected]
Can I submit my application without documents?
Submission of documents is MANDATORY and such documents must be clear and legible. Since the documents to be submitted depends on the type of visa applied for, please see the relevant webpage for the visa type to see the list of documents required.
Documents will have to be submitted along with the visa application form and passport (or its copy) for the High Commission to process the visa request.
In case you are not in a position to submit necessary documents, the visa application will not be accepted by TCS Visatronics / Gerry’s International- Visa Drop Box
Why am I being called for an interview?
You may be requested to come for personal interview to Visa Counter of the High Commission, Islamabad when contacted.
Please ensure that the correct contact numbers are mentioned in your application. Time and date of such interviews will be fixed in consultation with the applicant.