While building your house or building is just a part of your house, the work isn’t done until you clean up all the debris and waste as well. Waste management is very important when you are building a house. A thorough cleaning is required for that place to be livable and for that you can either get professional help or can also do it yourself based on the level of waste that you need to discard after the post-construction process.
Most of the time the construction companies also offer post-construction cleanup but other times you have to do it yourself. Even though the construction crew is tidy and careful there will still be dust and debris that you need to clean up and a thorough cleaning is very important.
How Difficult is the Post-construction Cleanup
Post-construction cleanup is a bit more thorough than the other cleanups. So, to make sure you’re doing it right you have to make sure that you clean it very thoroughly because any dirt or debris that is left behind can be very damaging to the house and can also cause certain health hazards.
So, to stay safe you need to be very thorough about it. You might need some special tools like wet and dry vacuums and you will also be needing commercial floor polishers s your floor is good as new after the cleanup. If you’re planning to do it yourself then you can rent all this equipment from somewhere. But all in all, it would be cost and time effective for you to hire a professional cleaning company like Construction Clean Up Fresno.
Why Should You Hire Janitorial Services for Post-construction Cleanup?
Hiring a professional cleanup crew is very important as it can save you a lot of time and effort. You will be getting things professionally done. You shouldn’t take post-construction cleanup lightly as there is a lot of waste and leftover debris for you to remove from your house. Following is some of the reasons you should hire a professional cleanup company
- It will ensure your safety. You could be dealing with broken concrete blocks, some glass shards, and even nails and all of this can cause serious injuries when you try to clean it yourself. If you don’t wear protective gear the dust and debris will be inhaled by you and can cause breathing issues. So, you should have professionals do it because they know all the safety measures?
- They are more skilled than you and can do the task more efficiently based on those skills. They will know what kind of equipment will be needed to remove each type of waste.
- They will have all the necessary equipment themselves and you won’t need to spend money on renting that equipment from a shop.
- Since you won’t have to spend money on equipment and cleaning supplies that you won’t need in the future it will be very cost effective for you to hire a cleaning crew.
Diy Post-construction Cleanup
If you are not going to hire a professional cleaning crew like Fresno Janitorial Services then you need the guide below for it
Post Construction Cleanup Checklist
Following is some of the things that you will need during your post-construction cleanup you should have all these tools before you start cleaning up so there is hindrance while cleaning
- Mop and bucket
- Putty knife
- Microfiber clothes
- Cleaning rags
- Large sponges
- Magic erasers
- Cleaning solutions from different surfaces
- Water supply
- Trash bags
Personal Protection Equipment
Personal protection is very important when you are cleaning yourself so you must have personal protection equipment (PPE). Following is what you will need
- Rubber gloves
- Rubber shoes
- Masks to protect you from dust
- Eye protectors
- Cleaning equipment
- Following is the list of equipment you might have to rent for your cleaning process if you don’t have it
- Industrial vacuum cleaners
- Carpet cleaner
- Power washer
- Floor polisher
When you are started cleaning yourself you will need to know these tips so the process goes smoothly
- First of all, wear all the protective equipment because it is very important for you to protect yourself and anyone working with you from all the health hazards
- You can now gather all the equipment and tools that you think you will need. You need to rent out the bigger machinery because not everyone owns it.
- You can start the cleaning process but you should always do it from top to bottom. You should clean the upper floor of your house and then you can move to the lower one. Similarly clean up all the windows and ceiling, including fans and light fixtures and then you can move to windows and finally the floor. Doing it in this order is important.
Unless you are ready to go through all the trouble yourself and have a lot of spare time on your hands you should consider using the help of a professional cleanup company. Post-construction cleanup is a lot different than regular or annual cleanups.